Kirkus prize-winning author Lesley Nneka Arimah provided the keynote at our Fall Literary Festival. (Photo credit Courtney Kensinger)
When we set out four years ago to conceptualize our mission, we wrote: At Lit Youngstown, we believe that the acts of writing and reading foster creativity, an increased understanding of the self, a strengthening of community, and a broader knowledge of the world.
Each year, we strive to live up to that mission, developing engaging programming, fostering strong partnerships, and growing thoughtfully with an eye towards inclusion and accessibility. This year was no exception. From a highly successful trial run of our Winter Writing Camp, to bringing world-renowned author Lesley Nneka Arimah to town, to maintaining our consistent First Wednesday reading series, 2018 kept us busy—and growing.
Next year will be no different. That is why we are asking for your support as we plan for the future of Lit Youngstown. Your generous gift will allow us to build on our strong foundation as we go after some of our big dreams, while tending to the day-to-day needs of our growing organization.
Rest assured, we will put your contribution to work!
- $25 will pay workshop tuition for a low-income writer.
- $50 will pay for signage at events to help folks find us.
- $100 will help fund a YSU intern to gain experience in an arts nonprofit.
- $500 will give a boost to our larger events like the Winter Writing Camp.
- $1000 will help fund the director and a new marketing/web specialist, putting us on a strong path to sustainability.
- $2000 will allow us to develop an outreach program with incarcerated youth, helping them to develop their voice that will lead to a deeper understanding of their own thinking and experience.
Major donors of $500 and more are listed on our website.
Please make your donation below by PayPal or credit card, or send a check payable to Lit Youngstown to 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown, OH 44503.
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank all contributors at any level of support. We pledge to be good stewards of your donation.
Most sincerely yours,
Executive Director Karen Schubert
Board of Directors: Kelly Bancroft, Anne Garwig, Liz Hill, Courtney Kensinger, Lee Murray, Nicole Robinson, Elizabeth Skeels, Ginny Taylor, Molly Toth
P.S. We are planning a big thank-you party for our members as our gift to you for supporting our work. It’s going to be so fun, and we’ll share details soon!
What a great year, and we can’t wait to get started on the next one.