Hats off to the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley for their microfunding initiatives, giving projects a boost with both funding and community engagement.
We are crazy honored to be a presenter for the first Soup. Our pitch will be for the Winter Writing Camp February 16, a cost-free, high energy day of writing activities for writers of all ages. Other presenters are ABC Diamond Girls, Shepherd of All God’s Children, and YSUScape. Whichever project you vote for, you’re sure to walk away with a belly full of delicious soup, and a feeling that good things are happening in our communities. We hope you can make it!
Valley Soup is a microfunding dinner inspired by both the original Detroit Soup and the former Warren Soup and Youngstown Soup events. In conjunction with Giving Tuesday, the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley is putting on this event to spark and fund innovative projects that will benefit the Mahoning Valley.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Attendees pay $5.00 at the door (Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Street NE, Warren, OH 44483) and receive a ballot. There are no tickets or advanced reservations.
• Everyone listens to four (4) presentations, limited to four (4) minutes each.
• Guests have the opportunity to ask questions of each presenter for two (2) minutes.
• After the presentations, everyone eats soup, salad, and bread (included in the $5.00 entry fee), while socializing and discussing the four (4) proposals.
• During dinner, each attendee votes on their favorite presentation.
• Volunteers tally the votes and the evening’s winner gets the cash collected at the door to carry out their project.
Join us on Nov. 27th and vote for your favorite! The winner takes home the evening’s proceeds (and possibly some matching funds!) to help carry out their project!
Visit www.cfmv.org/soup for more information or contact us at email@example.com | 330-743-5555.